Skin Care Saturday
Skincare isn’t just about the products you use on it but what you put into your body.
'You are what you eat.”
How many times have you heard that?! I cant even count! So I wanted to share with you some skin hydrating foods so that you don’t dry up!
- Oatmeal ~ rich in water, this low calorie, high fiber food helps your skin stay moist and helps curve cravings!
- Tuna ~ the water-soluble B vitamins present in tuna help to increase energy, increase metabolism, build and strengthen the immune system AND help keep your skin heathy.
- Spinach ~ not only is spinach packed with Vitamin A which helps strengthen skin, it is also filled with folate which helps keep it hydrated.
- Avocado ~ the monounsaturated fats found in avocado are vital for maintaining good moisture levels in the epidermal layer of your skin along with improving skin tone. Additionally, the Omega-9 fats can help reduce skin redness and irritation AND are involved with repairing damaged skin cells! (and these are only a few of the benefits!)
- Oranges ~ loaded with water content and talon which is a great skin hydrator, oranges also have a ton of Vitamin C with is a great antioxidant that protects all body cells (including skin cells) from free radical damage.
So get out there and hydrate yourself!